Stuffed shells are kind of an ideal comfort food. Warm, cozy — they’re perfect for fall.
Well, almost perfect, anyway. The addition of pumpkin takes them up a notch, and this recipe from Eggland’s Best for pumpkin-stuffed shells (with eggs — yay for added protein!) is one we’re gonna be whipping up on the regular over the next few months.
Serving size: 1
- 12 ounces package jumbo shells
- 2 Eggland's Best eggs (large)
- 16 ounces ricotta
- 1 (16 ounces) can pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (28 ounces) jar marinara sauce
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring large pot of water to boil and boil shells 8 to 10 minutes to al dente; drain.
- In a small bowl combine ricotta, eggs, pumpkin, salt, cinnamon, parsley, and mozzarella cheese.
- Gently stuff shells with pumpkin mixture and place in 13×9 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl combine sauce and cheese and pour on top of stuffed shells.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes.
What’s the best ingredient you’ve ever had stuffed in a shell? I love pumpkin, and am also fairly partial to spinach. —Kristen