Mmm, Snickers. There aren’t many other candy bars out there with quite the same, widespread appeal, are there? And while there’s really no way to turn a Snickers bar into a health food (oh, but what we would give if there were!), our girl Kim from The Coconut Diaries (and also author of the new cookbook, 30 Under 300) has come up with a Snickers-inspired parfait that’s super satisfying, packs 8 grams of protein, includes tofu and dates, and is totally vegan!
Vegan Snickers Parfait
Serving size: 1
- 1.5 oz silken tofu
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 stevia packet
- 5-6 pitted dates (40 g)
- ½ Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1.5 Tablespoon water
- 1 Tablespoon chopped peanuts
- With a small blender or hand blender, puree the silken tofu, peanut butter, and stevia until smooth and creamy. Set to the side.
- Blend the dates, cocoa powder, and water. If you have trouble blending this together, add a little water until it forms a thick mixture.
- Layer the two blended mixtures in a cup and top with chopped peanuts. Enjoy.
Kim is known for her nutritious baking on Instagram and her blog (and you can catch her on YouTube, too) but she also advocates a healthy mindset and overall balanced well-being. After struggling with eating disorders and ultimately realizing the importance of overall health and healthy eating, she changed her entire life in a positive way. For more recipes just like this, pick up a copy of 30 Under 300, which contains gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan recipes. And don’t miss our link swap over on The Coconut Diaries, too — we shared one of our favorite recipes!
What’s your favorite candy bar? I think mine has to be a tie between Snickers and Butterfinger. —Kristen