Today’s recipe for Guest Bloggers’ Week comes from Sophie Jaffe, founder of Philosophie and a certified raw food chef and nutritionist catering to celebs including George Clooney, Lea Michele and Gerard Butler just to name a few. She’s also a member of the Yoga Alliance as an advanced teacher, and is certified by the National Academy of Sports Medicine as a personal trainer. You can get more from Sophie on her YouTube channel, and after trying this fab recipe, we think you just might want to do that! (You know how we feel about grilled avocado … )
- Cherry tomatoes
- Pine nuts
- Olive oil (2 tablespoons for the dressing + extra for the romaine)
- Cracked pepper
- Sea salt
- ½ teaspoon Green Dream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Dry grill the avocado on a grill pan over medium high heat until grill marks appear.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- After, dry grill the romaine in a covered grill pan on medium heat until it begins to turn a beautiful brown. Remove from heat and brush on olive oil.
- Arrange the avocado and romaine on a platter, adding the cherry tomatoes, pine nuts and cilantro.
- Mix the Green Dream, olive oil lemon juice, salt, and pepper into a dressing and drizzle on top.
Do you have any vegetarian favorites for the grill? —Sophie