Avocado is awesome. Guacamole? Even more awesome. And this healthy guacamole recipe from the one and only Denise Austin’s 10-Week Plan is not only delicious, but it’s also a great way to get some healthy fats and more veggies in your diet. And if you have leftovers, this is especially good as a spread on a sandwich or mixed with some salsa as a taco salad dressing!
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 squeeze lime juice
- 2 tsp. chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp. minced red onion
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Tiny pinch salt (optional)
- Tiny pinch grated or minced garlic
- 2 stalks celery, cut into sticks
- 1 cup red pepper strips
- In a small bowl, lightly mash the avocado (but leave it a little chunky). Add the lime juice, cilantro, onion, pepper, salt (if using) and garlic, and stir to combine.
- Serve with the celery and pepper strips for dunking.
Another thing this healthy guacamole recipe is great on? These skinny nachos! —Jenn