Fact: We’re big fans of Skinnytaste around here.
Final fact: We even have a Crock-Post Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe to share from it! (Which also originally appeared on FBM!) And, spoiler, it’s delicious.
Serving size: 1.5 cups + cheese
Fat: 6.6 g
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups low sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1-2 tsp chipotle chili in adobo sauce (or more to taste)
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro (plus more for garnish)
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 8 oz skinless chicken breasts (16 oz total)
- ¼ cup chopped scallions, for topping
- ¾ cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- fat-free sour cream (optional)
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until soft, 3-4 minutes. Slowly add the chicken broth, tomato sauce and chipotle adobo sauce and bring to a boil. Add cilantro and remove from heat. Pour into crock pot.
- To the crockpot, add drained beans, diced tomatoes, corn, cumin, oregano and stir. Add the chicken breasts; cover and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks. Add chicken back into the soup, adjust salt and cumin to taste.
- Serve in bowls and top with fat free sour cream, cheese, scallions and cilantro. You can also top with avocado or crushed tortilla chips. Enjoy!
What do you look for in a good Crock-Pot dish? Although I’m usually not one to love having to cook much before it goes in the slow cooker, I’m loving how much protein and fiber is in this Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe. I totally plan to make it! —Jenn