You know that feeling when you’re invited to a party at the last minute (or agree to throw a little shindig … like, tonight)? And while you don’t want to make something that comes off as hasty, the fact of the matter is, you really don’t have much time to create a culinary masterpiece sure to cement your place as the true foodie of the group?
Yeah. Been there.
But, this recipe from the fine folks behind the tasty crackers at Harvest Stone might make that feeling a thing of the past. With just five minutes of prep and 10 minutes in the oven, you can offer a baked goat cheese treat that will have your guests raving about your abilities … and probably asking for the recipe. In which case, hey, send ’em right on over — we’ll help them out!
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ⅓ cup finely chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup finely chopped dried cranberries
- 1 log (10.5 oz) plain goat cheese
- 1 package (3.54 oz) Harvest Stone Original Crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 ̊F. Stir mustard with maple syrup. Toss together pecans and cranberries. Brush goat cheese all over with maple mustard and coat with pecan and cranberry mixture, pressing lightly to adhere.
- Place on parchment paper–lined baking tray; bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until goat cheese is warmed and softened.
- Transfer to serving dish; serve warm with crackers.
Do you have a favorite last-minute recipe you like to whip up for get-togethers? If I had to name one, I might have to go with hummus and veggies. I should probably up my game, huh? —Kristen