When it comes time to find new, awesome, healthy holiday recipes, I’m fortunate to have a ton of resources at my fingertips. Obviously, I can skim right through our own archives and pull up quite a few tasty ideas, but I’ve also gotten to know a number of other bloggers who are constantly coming up with awesome, delicious recipes … and one of my favorite bloggers to tap for foodie finds is Tina from Carrots ‘n’ Cake. (And not only because she’s a fellow Brooks Running ambassador, or because we hung out together in Winnipeg earlier this year. Honest!)
Anyhow, Tina has a whole slew of holiday recipes on her blog, but the one I wanted to share was her Gluten-Free Eggnog Pancakes, because just look at what she had to say about them:
These pancakes turned out soft, fluffy, and sweet with cinnamon and eggnog flavor. Mmm! They definitely have the potential to become a holiday favorite in our house! —Tina
So, if you’re looking for a new, super delish holiday breakfast tradition, check out the eggnog pancakes recipe below.
- 1.25 cups almond flour/meal
- ½ cup eggnog
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat pan (or griddle) over medium heat and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Use a ¼ cup to portion batter onto the pan/griddle.
- Cook each pancake for 2-3 minutes and then flip. Cook on the other side for about 1 minute.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Do you have any holiday-specific breakfast traditions? I’m so boring — I mostly just make smoothies. I think I need to branch out. —Kristen