It’s peanut butter chocolate time, peanut butter chocolate time!
Oh, wait, the joke doesn’t go that way? Well, it does now because this Chocolate Peanut Butter Cereal Smoothie Bowl from Sally Kuzemchak from Real Mom Nutrition on behalf of General Mills is the best. THE BEST.
Sally Kuzemchak is a registered dietitian and mom of two boys, so she knows her family friendly eats. Her blog is a place to get recipes, ideas inspiration — and most of all (and this is what we love most!): reassurance. It’s a no-judgments zone where she shares what works (and what doesn’t!) when it comes to feeding her fam. You’ll find simple recipes for meals and snacks, advice for raising happy and healthy eaters (including lots of strategies for picky eaters), and tips for grocery shopping and saving time and money in the kitchen. Check her out here and on Facebook.
Smoothie bowls are the new hotness, and we are simply smitten with this Chocolate Peanut Butter Cereal Smoothie Bowl. Not only is it like a bowl of cereal and a smoothie in one, but it’s also got that irresistible flavor combo of PB and chocolate. Full of healthy fats, fruit and whole grains, it’ll power you and your fam through the morning like a boss.
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- ½ cup chocolate milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- ½ cup Cheerios (original)
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 dash cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and top with unsweetened shredded coconut, cacao nibs or mini chocolate chips, Cheerios, sliced banana and a drizzle of natural peanut butter.
Which do you like more: peanut butter and jelly or peanut butter and chocolate? How about smoothies vs. cereal? I’m torn on both! —Jenn