I love me a big ass salad. But sometimes, I need to switch things up. And one of the best ways to still get a TON of veggies into one meal without it being a big ol’ bowl of fresh greens is to make a soup. This Chilled Avocado and Cucumber Soup from Dave Asprey’s cookbook BULLETPROOF: The Cookbook; Lose Up to a Pound a Day, Increase Your Energy, and End Food Cravings for Good is kind of the best soup ever.
It’s fresh. It’s raw. It’s creamy. It’s bright. It’s so darn refreshing. Guys, this Chilled Avocado and Cucumber Soup is just awesome. Try it!
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks (about 2 cups)
- 1 large avocado, pitted, peeled, and cut into chunks
- 2 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, plus sprigs for serving
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 or 2 tablespoons grass-fed full-fat yogurt (optional)
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients except the yogurt and blend until smooth.
- Add more water if you want to make the soup thinner. Adjust the seasoning. This soup is great to serve immediately but even better if you chill for at least 2 hours and up to 6 hours. Garnish with dill sprigs and, if desired, top each serving with a tablespoon of yogurt.
Have a little of this Chilled Avocado and Cucumber Soup and then warm up with a little of Dave’s bone broth. That’s pretty much like food heaven to us! —Jenn