I am determined to switch it up this year. (Okay, I don’t normally do the cooking, but I do help!) Lucky for me, I found these super easy appetizers from Snack Factory Pretzel Crisps: Sweet Potato Hummus and Cranberry Pretzel Crisps.
Sweet Potato Hummus
- 1 bag of Original Pretzel Crisps
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups baked sweet potato
- *makes 3 cups of hummus
- In a large food processor (or blender), puree garlic cloves and chickpeas.
- Add tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, brown sugar, and spices. Puree until smooth.
- Add sweet potatoes and puree until completely combined.
- Serve immediately with Original Pretzel Crisps (or your favorite flavor). Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Cranberry Pretzel Crisps
- Original or Sesame Pretzel Crisps
- Homemade or Store Bought Cranberry Sauce
- Any Soft Cheese, Such as Goat or Ricotta
- Spoon cheese onto each Pretzel Crisp. Dollop a little cranberry sauce on top.
- Optional: Use a small, round cookie cutter to press the cheese and sauce into layers. Slide the cookie cutter up and serve as fancy finger food.
Do you have some favorite, go-to apps for the holidays? For the past few years now, my family has made cream cheese tortilla roll-ups. They’re actually my go-to year round. —Erika