Yesterday, Lorna Jane Clarkson shared how to make the ultimate tapas board. And today, she’s sharing one heck of a recipe for your next sweet tapas board creation. (Why had I never thought to create a dessert tapas board? Seriously brilliant.) From her new book Inspired that’s filled with recipes, home remedies, mini workouts, mantras, traveling tips, party planning ideas and more, this recipe tastes like Nutella, but is so much healthier!
Serves: Makes one cup
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 3 ½ tablespoons 70% dark, unsweetened chocolate
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup raw cocoa powder
- ¼ cup raw honey
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a baking tray with paper, spread the hazelnuts out evenly, and roast for 10 minutes. Remove from oven. While hazelnuts are still warm, rub them up with a damp dishtowel or paper towel to remove some of the skins (they have a bitter taste).
- Add hazelnuts to a blender or food processor and blend until they form into a nut butter (stir in between).
- Create a double boiler in the stove by filling a saucepan ⅓ of the way with water. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Take a smaller saucepan and place it inside the larger saucepan (if the water comes up too high fro the bottom pan, pour some out).
- Add chocolate, honey and coconut milk to a smaller saucepan and stir constantly until chocolate melts.
- Pour chocolate mixture into the blender with the hazelnut butter and raw cocoa powder and blend until combined. For a smoother “Nutella” continue to blend until desired consistency is achieved. Pour into a jar and seal with a lid.
Are you a Nutella addict? The stuff is like crack for me and I have trouble with it when it comes to portion control, so I’m super jazzed to try this recipe! —Jenn