Yesterday, Luke Saunders of Farmer’s Fridge shared his secret mason jar salad tips so that you could make the perfect non-soggy mason jar salad every time, and today — as promised — he’s sharing his Mediterranean Mason Jar Salad recipe. We cannot wait to try it!
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 3 ounces water
- 6 ounces olive oil
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano .
- ½ teaspoon basil
- 4 quarters artichokes, canned
- 2 grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- ¼ cup English cucumbers, quartered and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cannellini beans, canned
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, sliced
- 1½ cups mixed greens
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, roasted
- To make the dressing, whisk together the red wine vinegar, water, honey, Dijon mustard, salt, black pepper, oregano and basil in a medium-size bowl. While you are still whisking, slowly pour in the olive oil.
- To make the salad, start by layering the quartered artichokes followed by grape tomatoes, English cucumbers, cannellini beans, Parmesan, kalamata olives, mixed greens and pine nuts. Dressing can be stored in a 2-ounce portion cup on top of the salad.
What’s your favorite on-the-go lunch? Hard to beat a mason salad jar … although, you know, I’ve been one to kind of be addicted to Chiptole. And if this recipe isn’t your bag — or jar — try this recipe! —Jenn