Remember how I had that naturally amazing grill out that was inspired by French’s mustard? Well, the fun is continuing today! I was challenged to get my “mixology” on and find new and fun ways to use French’s mustard in everyday life and in simple inventive ways. Seeing that I’m pretty darn obsessed with mustard, I had only had thought: challenge accepted!
Because French’s mustard is the perfect ingredient for easy-to-make dips, marinades, sauces and spreads that the whole family will enjoy, I had about a million ideas of fun new things to make with mustard in the kitchen. But time and time again, one idea kept popping and sticking in my brain: chopped salad. You guys know I’m already a huge fan of big salads, but we’ve never actually done anything on chopped salad. And chopped salad — when you do it really right, with the best ingredients and a good dressing — can take your everyday salad to the next amazing level.
I played around a lot with different chopped salad ingredients and mustard vinaigrette components, and trust me: this chopped salad is the ultimate. It’s filling, healthy and just tastes darn delicious with plenty of savory, sweet and sour notes. And, I believe the French’s mustard really, really shines in it. After all, there’s nothing like a little French’s to add a burst of flavor, texture and color to any dish!
So with that said, let’s get to showing you how to make the Ultimate Chopped Salad With Agave Mustard Vinaigrette …
The Ultimate Chopped Salad With Agave Mustard Vinaigrette
Chopped Salad Ingredients
1 large romaine heart
2 pieces of bacon
1/4 cup red onion
2 stalks of celery
1/3 large head of broccoli
1/3 large head of cauliflower
2 hard-boiled eggs
1/3 cup gorgonzola cheese
Agave French’s Mustard Vinaigrette Ingredients
2 tablespoons French’s Yellow Mustard
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 sprigs thyme
1 garlic clove
4 ounces tofu
1 tablespoon agave nectar
Fry up the bacon. While cooking, chop your romaine heart.
Make sure to chop the pieces of lettuce so that they’re bite-sized.
Also chop the red onion and celery.
Once bacon is nice and crispy, drain on paper towels and chop when cool.
Chop broccoli, cauliflower, avocado and eggs.
Add all chopped veggies, avocado and eggs to a large bowl and add cheese.
Top with bacon.
Now it’s time to make the agave mustard vinaigrette!
In a high-powered blender or food processor, add French’s Yellow Mustard.
Next add red wine vinegar, thyme, garlic, tofu and agave nectar. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
Pour liberally over your chopped salad, reserving two tablespoons of mustard vinaigrette.
Gently mix to coat the chopped salad evenly with the agave mustard vinaigrette!
Divide evenly into two bowls, and top with remaining mustard vinaigrette.
To make your life easier, we even have this chopped salad and mustard vinaigrette recipe in an easy-to-print format below!
- Chopped Salad Ingredients
- 1 large romaine heart
- 2 pieces of bacon
- ¼ cup red onion
- 2 stalks of celery
- ⅓ large head of broccoli
- ⅓ large head of cauliflower
- ½ avocado
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- ⅓ cup gorgonzola cheese
- Agave French's Mustard Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons French’s Yellow Mustard
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 ounces tofu
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Fry up the bacon. While cooking, chop your romaine heart.
- Make sure to chop the pieces of lettuce so that they're bite-sized. Also chop the red onion and celery.
- Once bacon is nice and crispy, drain on paper towels and chop when cool.
- Chop broccoli, cauliflower, avocado and eggs.
- Add all chopped veggies to a large bowl and add cheese.
- Top with bacon.
- Now it's time to make the agave mustard vinaigrette! In a high-powered blender or food processor, add French's Yellow Mustard.
- Next add red wine vinegar, thyme, garlic, tofu and agave nectar. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour liberally over your chopped salad, reserving two tablespoons of mustard vinaigrette.
- Gently mix to coat the chopped salad evenly with the agave mustard vinaigrette!
- Divide evenly into two bowls, and top with remaining mustard vinaigrette. Enjoy!
Napoleon Grill And French’s Prize Package Giveaway
Wanna see how you can take your favorite French’s mustard, add a few simple ingredients like I did, and unlock a world of flavor possibilities from flavorful sauces, dips, marinades and dressings, too? Then this Napoleon Grill Prize Package is for you! Here’s what we’re giving away to one lucky U.S. reader:
- Napoleon TravelQ 285 Portable Grill
- An assortment of French’s mustard sauces
- Coupons good for French’s Foods products
- French’s T-shirt, bag and hat
This Napoleon Grill and French’s mustard prize pack is valued at more than $450! The grill features an electronic jet-fire ignition, lid locks for security, a temperature gauge for monitoring and a removable grease tray for easy cleaning, so it makes grilling easy. And with that much French’s, all you’d have to do is add your favorite ingredients and the flavor possibilities are unlimited!
To enter, all you have to do is comment with your very own Mixology idea below! Tell us what flavorful sauces, dips, marinades and dressings using French’s you like to make! And if you have a photo, share it on Pinterest, too, with #FrenchsMixology!
To get your creative juices flowing, be sure to check out French’s on Pinterest here. Can’t wait to see these entries! —Jenn
Thanks again for sponsoring this post, French’s!